The Benefits of Non-Medical Home Care
The elderly population in the United State is increasing in both size and complexity of care. In fact, according to SeniorLiving, 8,000 baby boomers retire daily, creating the need for more in-home care. Fortunately, here at HealthPro Wellness Center in Houma, LA, Dr. Patrick Haydel and his team provide exceptional health and wellness services, including non-medical home care. Read on to learn more about non-medical home care, and how can it benefit you and your loved one?
Aging in place
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) calls today's philosophy of elder care "aging in place." Aging in place means living successfully in a safe and independent home environment and avoiding long-term care placement, including nursing home care and assisted living facilities.
At HealthPro Wellness Center in Houma, LA, Dr. Haydel and his staff deliver non-medical home care which supports aging in place. How does this look? HealthPro Wellness Center trains and places caregivers skilled in supporting the needs of seniors desiring to remain in their long-time homes and communities.
To do this, caregivers, families, and the clients themselves partner in creating and maintaining a comfortable, safe, and stimulating environment in the home. Daily companionship and social interaction are key factors in individualized care plans.
Benefits of non-medical home care
- HealthPro Wellness Center caregivers are fully trained, insured, vetted, and bonded.
- Clients receive competent and compassionate assistance in personal hygiene, light housework, transportation, shopping, errands and other activities of daily living—even pet care!
- Family members receive respite from the day-to-day care for their loved ones.
- Caregiving fits the individual's schedule. Up to twenty-four-hour care is available.
- Care is delivered with an attitude of ultimate respect and dignity for the senior.
- Mobility assistance increases safety and reduces muscular and mental atrophy.
- Meal preparation ensures the client receives the nutrition he or she needs.
- Assistance with grooming (shaving, hair care, dressing) helps the senior not only look good but feel good, too.
Living a good life with dignity
With help from HealthPro Wellness Center, your senior loved one really can age well in his or her own home. Plus, you'll enjoy having someone come alongside you in providing the best possible care.
To learn more about our customized care plans, contact us for a consultation: (985) 872-5777.